BASIC EPOXY PROCESS
1. SURFACE PREPARATION: I utilize both planetary, stand up and hand held diamond grinding equipment to achieve a proper "profile" into the surface to ensure the epoxy will have excellent bonding properties. To collect the dust I utilize industry approved concrete dust extractors to ensure a clean and healthy work environment. At this time, I would also fill any divots, spalls or existing cracks in the surface as well. Surface prep also includes an evaluation of the surface to determine if any special primers may be necessary due to the potential problems associated with vapor moisture emissions or oil contamination.
2. BASE COAT APPLICATION: Depending upon which system is being applied, a base coat would generally include a rolled out layer of epoxy with a designated FLAKE, QUARTZ or METALLIC pigment. Each system has their nuances of application and this can be further explained.
3. TOP COAT APPLICATION: Each system will require a protective coating to ensure long term wear and durability. I would either use a UV and chemical resistant epoxy, polyaspartic or a high wear urethane depending upon system used and the demands of the environment.
Keep in mind that most projects can be completed within two days, however, some concrete may require specialty primers and repair that may need an additional day to complete. In most cases, clients are able to access their floors approximately 36hrs. after the topcoat is applied.
APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES PROVIDED
- Retail - Salons & Convenience Stores
- Airplane hangers
- Bath houses and restrooms
- Concrete repair - pitted, spalled, cracking, unevenness; we can repair it!